Home Inside the 'Gate
Inside the 'Gate

Colgate connection

By Katryna Swartwout Ryan on October 28, 2009

Accra

Travel always has its surprises and I recently had a wonderful surprise while traveling in Africa. Carolina Boettner ’04 contacted me the day after I arrived in Ghana. Carolina, who is originally from Paraguay, is both a Colgate alumna and a former Colgate admission officer. Imagine my surprise when I found out she had recently moved to Ghana and now works at the Lincoln Community School in Accra! We were able to have dinner together, and she also helped to represent Colgate at the college fair at her school. It was so exciting to meet a Colgate alum in an unexpected place! I am always amazed by how widespread the Colgate network spans around the world and I was reminded of that again by meeting Carolina. Attached is a picture of Carolina and me at the Lincoln Community School in Ghana. To see a map of where our recent alumni are currently living, click here.