Home Inside the 'Gate
Inside the 'Gate

Summer research: higher education in Eastern Europe

By Lisa Belgam on July 21, 2011

Alyssa Perez is a summer intern in the Office of Admission, and she shared the following post about summer research with me:

Togbor Wentum ’13, an economics and Russian studies double major who hails from both Ghana and Russia, is spending his summer traveling in Eastern Europe as part of his Colgate summer research with Nancy Ries, associate professor of anthropology and peace and conflict studies. His research started on campus, but at the end of June Togbor began traveling to continue his work on the evaluation of an Open Society Institute (OSI) program called ReSET that is aimed at liberalizing higher education in Eastern Europe. Through his research Togbor noted that, “visiting so many cities has definitely broadened my horizons of knowledge, presenting a variety of opportunities ranging from networking and business, to entertainment and reconnecting with family. I personally found this opportunity extremely intriguing as it promised to open my eyes to the financing of higher education and allowed me to utilize several languages in a professional setting.” Click here to learn more about research at Colgate.