Home Inside the 'Gate
Inside the 'Gate

Firsts and lasts

By Emily Moloney on August 14, 2012

Today I completed my first solo information session! After spending the past six weeks absorbing everything that I could about Colgate University, I finally felt ready to tell others about this wonderful institution. I conveyed to the group of students and parents the engagement Colgate students have with this place, the faculty, and their fellow students. We discussed a few of our 170 clubs and organizations, our extensive off-campus study program, and Division I athletics on campus. I was so proud to be able to share the collaborative spirit of Colgate and the outcomes of a rigorous academic curriculum with prospective students.

While today marks one of my firsts, today Andrew McCormick ’13, one of our summer interns, gave his last tour of the summer. He has diligently shown families around campus, telling them stories of his experiences as a student. He says, “It has been a great summer sharing my passion for Colgate with prospective students and their families. Although it is sad that my summer is ending, I’m excited to work in the Office of Admission in a different capacity this fall.” Andrew will be a member of our multicultural recruitment team this upcoming academic year. We are so thankful for all of the work Andrew has done and will continue to do for our office!

The Common Application and Colgate Supplement are online and ready to go for applicants to the Class of 2017. Get a head start on the application before senior year hits — you’ll be glad you did!