Home Inside the 'Gate
Inside the 'Gate

Colgate in Miami

By Karen Giannino on September 19, 2012

Here I am with Glen Turf ’93.

We often write here about the Colgate connections that exist all over the place—it’s so great to meet alumni and hear about their college experiences and their lives since.

When I met with students at Miami Country Day School last week, we talked a lot about the culture of our communities and how students grow because of their commitment to the place and people around them. I was impressed by the students there and by how much they have gained from their high school experiences.

So I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised that one of the administrators making that happen is a Colgate grad. It was great to meet Glen Turf ’93, director of the upper school. Not only is he committed to the students at MCDS, he’s there for Colgate students, too. He recently participated in the Real World event sponsored by Career Services—returning to campus to talk to interested students about careers in education.